Author Topic: Are campers allowed to upgrade their electrical service?  (Read 790 times)

ccostanza

• Klondike Members
Are campers allowed to upgrade their electrical service?
« on: January 28, 2022, 09:25:19 AM »
I believe we have a 100 AMP service and would like to upgrade to 200 AMP (of course, with the relevant permits from City of Otis).  Does Klondike have any rules against this or additional steps which need to be followed?  Many Thanks!

Brian Ogborn

• Klondike Board of Directors
Re: Are campers allowed to upgrade their electrical service?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 02:45:49 PM »
I believe we have to check with eversource to see if there is enough feeding us to allow all sites to upgrade if not we can?t allow some if not all can potentially have it if they want. Also I believe all sites only have 50 or 60 amp at the post

ccostanza

• Klondike Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 12:43:39 PM »
Thank you Brian!  You are 100% correct that we currently have 60 AMPs at our site.  Do you know of anyone who has upgraded to 100 AMPs in the campground?

Brian Ogborn

• Klondike Board of Directors
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 01:30:01 PM »
We are not allowing upgrades at this point until we find out if we have enough service from eversource.  Anyone who has done it without a site plan submitted to us and without permits from Otis and using an licensed electrician will probably be asked to go back to stock and fined.  We can?t allow any upgrades until further investigation because it may cause brown outs or worse.  We discussed it at our last board meeting and we will make a decision soon.